Want to maximize your potential at Florida State University?
Follow these easy steps to be a successful, engaged ‘Nole:
- Prepare for New Student Orientation and learn about campus life at New 'Nole. Find a pre- and post- Orientation checklist and information about academic and student life as a Florida State Seminole.
- Prior to starting classes, submit all official transcripts and any AP/IB/AICE/CLEP scores to the Office of Admissions. Are you a Florida resident? Make sure you also submit a residency form.
- Meet with your academic advisor. As a Florida State student, you have an academic advisor who can guide you through selecting courses each term, engaging in opportunities on campus, and connecting to helpful campus resources. Find your academic advisor using the Advisor Search.
- Learn about all of your academic options, including majors, minors, and certificates on the Academic Program Guide. Here you can also access your major’s academic map, which is essential for completing your degree on time.
- Connect with the Florida State Career Center early to explore careers of interest, opportunities for experiential learning, and how best to prepare for your next steps of graduate school or entering the workforce.
- Visit the Office of the Registrar Graduation Office for any questions regarding your university graduation check. This office also organizes and oversees the University's commencement ceremonies and processes all diploma orders and reorders.
- Create a Degree Plan. We encourage you to create a degree plan with your academic advisor to determine the courses you will take and when you will take them. This allows you to thoughtfully plan your academic and campus engagement and when you will complete your degree. *The Graduation Planning & Strategies Office requires students to complete a degree plan once they earn 160 credit hours.